Altia - Are you our new Wine Sourcing Manager?
Are you our new Wine Sourcing Manager?
Do you have passion for developing wine? Do you want to work for a company that through iconic brands and extensive product portfolio provides consumers with enhanced drinking experiences?
With your extensive industry network, solid experience from negotiations and professional wine tasting skills, you will play a significant role in our wine sourcing and development team contributing to our success story.
We are looking for a Wine Sourcing Manager for our portfolio of own wine brands. The position will be placed at our office in Stockholm or Helsinki, reporting to the Team Leader.
For this role the key responsibilities are
- Negotiate supplier agreements for bulk wine (price, quality and volumes) for existing products as well as for new potential listings, and continuously evaluate suppliers
- Actively participate in blending wine samples together with suppliers, to secure style and quality, both for tenders and existing products.
- Proactively work towards achieving new monopoly listings in the Nordics together with the country specific Business Units and our regional team. In addition, you are expected to give input on trends and new ideas that could be developed in Altia’s portfolio.
- Lead and participate in tastings of existing and new products.
The position includes travelling abroad to visit suppliers and fairs (approximately 30 days per year).
To be successful in the job you need to have a few years of experience in the wine industry in a similar role, with a WSET Advanced Certificate/diploma, sommelier degree or similar theoretical education. You are business minded and have a degree in business or similar. Furthermore, the following is crucial for success in the role:
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills to effectively collaborate at all levels within the organization and outside the company.
- Documented skills in wine tasting and a natural interest in industry trends.
- Business and consumer oriented mindset.
- Solid experience in using MS Office, particularly Excel.
- Advanced level of English and either Swedish or Finnish, other languages an advantage.
We offer you an interesting job, where you’ll take part in enhancing the Nordic drinking culture in accordance with our company purpose “Let’s drink better”. With us you’ll have the possibility to work with great brands and exciting development projects which offer you opportunities to make a difference and learn new. At Altia we nurture flexibility in our ways of working.
If you see this as an inspiring opportunity, please submit your application and CV as soon as possible and no later than March 15th to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information on this position, please contact Jarl Råstrand, email@example.com or phone +46 708 650 484.